Re: RFC: upstream-link in the BTS and package descriptions

At 11:33 pm, Sunday, October 21 2001, Ulrich Eckhardt mumbled:
> Hi Folks!
> I have an idea that would sometimes make my life easier: if the BTS-pages
> (bugs.debian.org) or maybe the package itself (so that it is displayed by
> apt-cache) had a link to the homepage of each library/program so that one
> would not have to install the package to find where upstream is.
> This would somehow be an addition to the package-description provided by the
> .debs and help to get further information on a package.

Well, if the .deb is installed, it's available in
/usr/share/doc/<package>/copyright. I really don't see any need to have this
information duplicated in the .deb. The down side is the damn thing has to
be installed to get to it.

--
                                                    Steve
<StevenK> Nah, I'm allergic to python.