Re: XF 4.1-{7,8} in woody, sid

> Same with me. SysReq-U, SysReq-B is the only thing I can do locally. I
> can login from the network though, but killing X does't help in any way.
> This happens for me on a Thinkpad with the Neomagic driver. I'd be more
> than happy to provide further information.
>
> Roland

Actually I can't even get in from the network when this happens.
Can't ping, nmap, ssh, etc. Kablooie.  Last night I completely
reinstalled potato, then dist-up'd to woody just to have a clean
test case (this machine was originally slink) and same problem exists.
However, now i *can* run X -configure as root, though it's output isn't
particularly helpful.  It correctly identifies all three of my cards,
but when I try to test that configuration (or mine) it locks up as
previously described.  I'm stumped.  Other people have had problems with
this version of X in woody and when I say I'm having problems they invariably
point me to the fix for their problem; this is obviously different.  Thanks,

Nate