ALSA 0.9: Nothing is compiled for it

I tried installing ALSA 0.9 to see if it fixed a lot of the problems
that I had much earlier with 0.4 and 0.5 (I have an emu10k1).

I discovered that while 0.4 and 0.5 had tons of problems with only
some .debs being compiled for the right libraries, that NO .debs
have been compiled for use with libasound2 (ALSA 0.9).

What is the story?  Are we going to ship Woody with 0.4 0.5 and 0.9
with none working right, especially if you don't use the OSS
emulation layer?

Notable exapmles include: mpg123-alsa (which is still compiled
against 0.4) and libesd-alsa0 (which needs the API updated for ALSA
0.9)

Ciao!

--
"Smoke me a Kipper, I'll be back for breakfast"
		--"Ace" Rimmer (Red Dwarf)

The Doctor What: "What, Doctor What"             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat@gerf.org                                                   KF6VNC