Re: Reverse DNS and your mailers

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 12:15, Daniel Stone wrote:
> A number of people filter on reverse DNS.
>
> Please, don't.
>
> I have no reverse DNS. This is out of my control. Upstream is a
> monopoly[1][2], and they refuse to delegate us reverse DNS, despite
> stalling, sweet talk, and assurances that they've delegated us. We[3]
> have no other option for a commercial-grade link.
>
> Because it is a commercial-grade link, they also don't provide us with a
> mail server.
>
> So, please, stop filtering on reverse DNS. Unless, of course, you don't
> care about my replies to you.

I doubt that anyone will change their mail server config as a result of a
request on a mailing list.

Why not just route the mail through a server with good DNS?  It's not
difficult to find suitable servers.  I could suggest a few companies who
would offer such a service for a small charge if you are interested...