Re: Reverse DNS and your mailers

<AOL> [1] [2']

Plus I don't want my mail on their (Telefonica) servers.

Thanks.

On Fri, Oct 19, 2001 at 08:15:36PM +1000, Daniel Stone wrote:
> Hi,
> A number of people filter on reverse DNS.
>
> Please, don't.
>
> I have no reverse DNS. This is out of my control. Upstream is a
> monopoly[1][2], and they refuse to delegate us reverse DNS, despite
> stalling, sweet talk, and assurances that they've delegated us. We[3]
> have no other option for a commercial-grade link.
[snip]

> [1]: Worse than General Oil ever were. Worse than AT&T. Microsoft are
> darlings, absolute legends, compared to them.
> [2]: Ask any Australian about Telstra.
> [3]: I'm on my company's link, but I don't represent them, hell, they'd
> probably disown me if you rang up and asked them, blah blah, blah blah.

[2']: Ash any Spanish about Telefonica.

--
Alberto Gonzalez Iniesta       | They that give up essential liberty
agi@agi.as                     | to obtain a little temporary safety

Key fingerprint = 9782 04E7 2B75 405C F5E9  0C81 C514 AF8E 4BA4 01C3