Re: apt-get and downloading more than one file at a time

Hugo van der Merwe <hugovdm@mail.com> wrote:
> Something I guess not a lot of people really need, but something I
> personally would like to use: I want to have apt-get download two files
> from the same mirror at the same time. (Just like it does two downloads
> at once if it comes from different mirrors.) I guess this kind of thing
> is what, bad manners?

Very bad manners.

What do you hope to achieve by doing this, anyway? You can't double your
bandwidth by making two connections. You'll be downloading two files at
once, at half speed each.
--
Sam Couter          |   Internet Engineer   |   http://www.topic.com.au/
sam@topic.com.au    |   tSA Consulting      |