Re: autoconf/configure information sources?

Dale Scheetz <dwarf@polaris.net> writes:

> I'm currently unable to complete packaging the new Atari800 source because
> of questions asked by configure. There is no manpage for configure, but I
> guess that is expected, as it is a "constructed" program.

Is that "Configure", or "configure"?  I've never seen configure (ie,
gnu-style, whether created by autoconf or not) ask questions, but
Configure (courtesy Larry Wall) does so all the time.

[downloads source and looks at script]

That's not standard autoconf.  A few options:

* Patch the ASK_FEATURE macro to pull answers from the file

* Ask upstream to put this stuff in configure flags (ie,
  --enable-crash-menu)

* Your configure < answers trick.

Since this isn't standard autoconf functionality, there's no standard
way to do this... and the upstream didn't build anything into their
ASK_FEATURE macro.

Purrson:  A male kitty...