autoconf/configure information sources?

I'm currently unable to complete packaging the new Atari800 source because
of questions asked by configure. There is no manpage for configure, but I
guess that is expected, as it is a "constructed" program.

Anyway, I'm having my usual problem finding any useful information on how
I might fix configure to take the defaults and not ask any questions.

I think I have a hack that will work, but it isn't very pretty. Something
like: 'configure <answers' should work if the 'answers' file has the
correct responses, but that isn't very easy to maintain...

The autoconf manpage isn't very informative about the internal details of
the configure construction process (not that I expected it to), and there
are no manpages of either configure or configure.in.

Can someone please point me at the information I'm missing? All
comments will be graciously accepted. (You can even be rude if you also
tell me where I can find the details I'm missing ;-)

TIA,

Dwarf
--
_-_-_-_-_-   Author of "Dwarf's Guide to Debian GNU/Linux"  _-_-_-_-_-_-