Re: Keeping information on the build system

On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:11:43AM +0200, Cyrille Chepelov wrote:
> How (where) are these _gpgfoo and _gpgbar files added nowadays ?
> Would adding an APPENDICES directory in debian/tmp, whose contents would be
> simply "ar r"'d to the final .deb archive, make sense ? Hmm. A half-trivial
> modification of dpkg-deb.

Got the added by debsigs(1)

> OTOH, integrating this would be slightly more difficult than your current
> dh_buildinfo, wouldn't it ? I sense a (semi-trivial ?) modification of the
> .deb build toolchain.

An "ar q foo.deb buildinfo" after dh_builddeb would do the trick, but
this would require a green light from dpkg gurus.

--
Yann Dirson    <ydirson@altern.org> |    Why make M$-Bill richer & richer ?
Debian-related: <dirson@debian.org> |   Support Debian GNU/Linux: