Re: Keeping information on the build system

OK now I understand that the pratical problem is to tell which packages are
really used.

I see several solutions:

For autobuilders : they usually start with just required and build-essential
packages installed, and then apt-get some packages to fit the Build-Depends. So
we could add a mechanism to get this list of packages with version in the
package and not just in the buildlog.

Unfortunately, we will get no information on version of the required and
build-essential packages used in the build process, so we can add versions of
all build-essential packages, with an option in the package to make the list
more selective.

In the general case, only a mechanism like depcheck or dpkg-genbuildeps can
really find out which packages are used...

But maybe it is sufficient to implement it for autobuild.

Bill. <ballombe@debian.org>