Re: potential Bug in XFree86 4.1.0-7

On Sun, Oct 14, 2001 at 01:30:15AM +0200, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
> There's a lot more in the world than english.

Nowhere did I imply there isn't.  However, if I wanted to try to make a
persuasive argument to a group of people who spoke only French, I'd
probably retain a proxy who was fluent in the language to do it in my
stead.

I tease Michael Bramer because he's arguing a passionate case with
broken syntax.  Many times his grammar renders his sentences ambiguous
and I can't tell what he means.  For ordinary list chit-chat, this is
fine.  When trying to persuade the whole Project that automated,
unsolicited email containing translations of package descriptions should
be received by every maintainer in the Project with no opt-out policy[1],
let alone an opt-in one, a greater command of the language is required.

[1] If you don't believe me, read his initial remarks on the subject, 2
months or so ago.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Don't use nuclear weapons to
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     troubleshoot faults.