Re: arm architecture?

On Mon 08 Oct 2001, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 08, 2001 at 09:50:01AM +0200, Michael Meskes wrote:
> > Is there a problem with arm? I just noticed that quite some packages are not
> > moved to testing because there is no binary on arm including my quota
> > package. However, I do not know why there is no arm binary and I'm not able
> > to create one myself since I cannot reach debussy.
>
> Yes, one of the arm autobuilders broke, and successful builds haven't been
> being uploaded for a while due to other problems. It's a bit of a mess.

Yes, and this is getting in the way of having a version in isdnutils in
testing that actually will work (i.e. configure correctly) for those
people upgrading from potato for the first time.  This is completely
opposite to the intention of the testing distribution :-(

AFAIK the problem with the autobuilder was that the sudoers file had the
wrong owner/group. This caused the build to fail, and apparently it
won't retry isdnutils now.

I sent a message to debian-admin last week asking for a couple of
packages to be installed on one of the debian arm systems so that I
could compile isdnutils myself, but I've got zero response :-(

I'm contemplating excluding arm from the list of supported architectures
if it's going to be such a pain in the neck in this was.  I hope this
won't be necessary, though.  Perhaps the current testing arm version
could be removed, so that the correct version could go into testing for
those architectures that have their act together?

Paul Slootman