Re: FYI: intent to NMU to fix SDL + static X extension library problem

> It it's only on these grounds, I object to breaking all sdl-related
> packages in a freeze and making Debian-only changes to sdl-config

This fix actually makes SDL usable on more platforms, therefore its more
important than not fixing it.  It gets worse before it gets better.

Lastly, it doesn't break binary compatibility if things were compiled
sanely.  I've tested with a couple loki games and they seem fine.

Debian isn't just every other distribution, we are one of the few that
actually give a care about working on more than i386, and by doing these
changes it helps that goal.

Thanks.

--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos@irc.openprojects.net

"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
		- Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)