Re: FYI: intent to NMU to fix SDL + static X extension library problem

On Fri, Oct 05, 2001 at 06:09:25PM -0500, Scott M. Dier wrote:
> On Fri, 2001-10-05 at 18:06, Joey Hess wrote:
> > Scott Dier wrote:
> > > The impact that this will cause on loki based games is that the .dynamic
> > > binaries will stop working most likely.
> > Only if the soname was changed.
>
> We were actually worried on how the .dynamic binary was compiled, it
> might not of had the correct things statically linked in for everything
> to resolve, it did however and does run (amazingly enough).

Loki probably did the right thing and put the X static libs in the
binaries where they belong.

Try this on one of the game binaries:

obdjump -t $GAME | egrep '(Xv|XDGA|XF86VidMode)' | fgrep .text

If that returns anything, they should be kosher.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |       The key to being a Southern
Debian GNU/Linux                   |       Baptist: It ain't a sin if you