Re: ddts: notification about fr translation of the hostname desc

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 03:49:20PM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 03:32:32PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> > It was desired, as you subscribed to debian-devel.
>
> So all the spam I get via debian-devel is desired, too? Just because I
> subscribe to a list doesn't mean I want all the noise that comes along
> with it. It does mean, however, I suffer silently through most of it or
> unsubscribe.

Well, yes, the mailing list does receive a lot of spam. But it's not
something that some clueful Debian developer is doing -- it is
something that nearly everyone who actively uses e-mail and doesn't
filter it against spam has to deal with. And, in this case, we ARE
able to discuss it, and ask politely for it to stop (or not, in, uh,
some cases).

Note that I do know that he has, supposedly, stopped mailing anyone
about translations; I just felt I needed to donate my R$ 0.02.

--
 _ _  _| _  _  | _   . _ | _  http://laviola.org  Debian-BR Project
(_(_|| |(_)_)  |(_|\/|(_)|(_| uin#: 981913 (icq)  debian-br.sf.net

Linux: the choice of a GNU generation - Registered Linux User #103594