Re: how to fight back against Michael Bramer's spam

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 07:04:38PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Oct 2001, Michael Bramer wrote:

> > > gah, you did that wrong.
> > >
> > > Use the Maintainer's file.  This file is supposed to be used for exactly this
> > > reason.
> >
> > thanks for this note.
> >
> > But why use the ftp master this file not for the Packages file (as a
> > override of the information in the .deb package)?
>
> Because the Maintainers file contains ALL maintainers.  Packages have to be
> merged.  It's also much easier to parse.

1.) Why are in the Packages file the wrong Maintainer addresses?
2.) I have already parse the Packages file. The Maintainers file is a
    extra file, with a different format.
    Have the Maintainers also old Packages? Or must I store this all
    in a own db?

The use of the Maintainers file is not a real problem. But sorry, I
don't understand this. Maybe you can help? Have we a document with a
description of this file?

Gruss
Grisu
"Ziemlich viele Firmen, die alle kein Linux benutzen, würden nach Abschaltung
 der Linux-Rechner erst mal ins Schwimmen kommen." -- Matthias Peick