Re: ddts: notification about fr translation of the hostname desc

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 03:32:32PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> It was desired, as you subscribed to debian-devel.

So all the spam I get via debian-devel is desired, too? Just because I
subscribe to a list doesn't mean I want all the noise that comes along
with it. It does mean, however, I suffer silently through most of it or
unsubscribe.

> This ddts spam bot is not opt-in, as is lists.debian.org.

All the noise that the BTS spews out is not opt-in; nor is all the mails
that I get when I upload a new version of a package.

I'm not arguing that grisu doesn't need to get opt-out working reliably
and automatically. But I don't see why yelling at debian-devel will help
or why getting information about your packages is so bad.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each