Re: ddts: notification about fr translation of the hostname description

On Wed, Oct 03, 2001 at 06:34:39PM -0500, Adam Heath wrote:
> When I maintain a package, I am fully aware that I will receive emails to
> <pkg>@packages.debian.org, and that I will receive email from the BTS about my
> package.  Those mail sources go with maintaining the package.
>
> However, you are abusing the system, and sending me spam that will not help me
> in maintaining my package.  Your spam is not something that has any bearing on
> the maintenance of my package.  I can do nothing with the spam I get from you.

The whole point was that some people found this essential to maintaining
the system. This email system was started on the request of maintainers,
who felt it nessecary to maintain thier packages, and felt they could do
something with the spam they got. (You can veto the description.) I get
enough Debian related junk - I'm not talking actual bug reports, but "You have
submitted text to this bug", "you have uploaded a package", the type of
stuff that carries no information value. And yet this is somehow hugely
different and worthy of not annoyance, but outrage.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I saw a daemon stare into my face, and an angel touch my breast; each