Re: Package descriptions and making them better

On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 04:27:13PM +1000, Hamish Moffatt wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 01, 2001 at 01:41:05PM +1000, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> > What's wrong with using the recently discussed Debian Translation Server for
> > this. Add the language English and people can then submit corrected
> > descriptions for each package.
>
> Because that would be an ugly hack?

No, this is not a hack.

I can improve the ddts and the ddts can send bug reports for new
changed english descriptions to the bts with the new description.

With this the ddts only coordinate the work of all the reviewer.

And btw. some translators send bugs about errors in the english
descriptions.

clarify the position:
 I don't propose to use a new 'english translation'. The server should
 make only the coordination!

Gruss
Grisu
Jaja. Die Heisenbergsche Unschaerferelation soll nur die Rechenfehler
der Simulationshardware verdecken.
  -- lutz@iks-jena.de (Lutz Donnerhacke) ueber simulierte Realitaet