Re: bind9-chroot (was: questions on ITP)

On 30/09/01, David Starner wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 30, 2001 at 07:34:29PM +0200, Christian Kurz wrote:
> > It's still possible, but tell me a good reason why I should keep debian
> > on my server, when it offers my to chroot bind, but only if I use the
> > latest kernel? I see no need to keep debian in that case as os for the
> > server and so I can switch it.

> In the case where you run bind on a 2.2 kernel, I see no distinction
> between when it doesn't offer to chroot bind, and when it offers to
> chroot bind if you have a 2.4 kernel. If you want to run Debian in the

There's one. You will always be aware about the fact that this package
would have created the bind chroot for you, if you would depend on a
kernel that uses the latest feature. And when I'm building a bind chroot
manually, I don't want to be reminded, that the software package just
supports that only and that I still have to do everything manually, just
because I use a kernel 2.2.x for my name server.

> get annoyed that Debian offers to run (PowerPC|Alpha) code, but not on
> your chosen machine?  If you run Alpha, do you threaten to quit Debian
> because it doesn't offer OCaml and GNAT on your machine?

Wrong comparison.

Chris -EOD- tian
--
           Debian Developer (http://www.debian.org)