Re: A language by any other name

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 07:24:17PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously Branden Robinson wrote:
> > <AOL>
>
> I can't find that in my dictionary. Is that American English perhaps?

<mode="pedant">
When AOL users began to invade the Internet, UseNet folks noticed a
disturbing trend (one of several).  Invariably responses from AOL
users would quote a long post in its entirety, followed by "Me too"
or "I agree" (and nothing else).  Thus, if you see a pseudo-tag <AOL>,
it means someone agrees with what has been said.  Interestingly
enough, the tag doesn't seem to carry any negative connotations in
this context.
</mode>

Regards,

Micromuse Ltd.                 | than a perfect plan tomorrow.