Re: A language by any other name

On Thu, Sep 27, 2001 at 08:28:57AM -0700, Bill Wohler wrote:

>   were turned a package, the text would of course be in en_GB, but
>   /usr/share/doc/r&j/README.Debian and the man page ;-) would be in
>   en_US.

Mmm. Ok, can you _please_ describe all the differencies between en_US
and en_GB, make the corresponding locale -- and then we will return to that
topic ;)
Actually, I see no sense in the discussion. Americans can read British English,
British people can read American English. Foreigners (like me) don't even
notice the differencies.
So, let people write the way they like -- if the majority of the people who know
English can read it -- it's ok. Leave dialects to phylologists -- do the real
job :)

>   If a multi-billion dollar company whose employees have all learned
>   British English decide that their documentation should be in
>   American English, that's saying something.

That doesn't say anything. At least to me :)

--
Regards, Wartan.
echo "Your stdio isn't very std."