MUAs and Locking Was: Re: PROPOSED: slight change to wnpp procedures

* Anthony Towns <aj@azure.humbug.org.au> [010925 22:59]:
> Why, btw, are you uploading a NEW package with the maintainer set to -qa,
> especially when -qa has already asked for the package to be removed from

It's absouletly horrid code to look at and has a locking scheme I wish
not to overhaul to get into the fnctl, then dotlock policy.

Right now it seems to dotlock only, never fnctl.

It might not be a bad idea for MUA maintainers to check on how their
packages handle the munging of mailboxes.  This can be a pretty
'critical' thing because users using NFS mounted mailspools can quickly
lose whole spools with bad locking practices.

Thanks,
--
Scott Dier <dieman@ringworld.org> <sdier@debian.org>
http://www.ringworld.org/  #linuxos@irc.openprojects.net

"History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of
urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure."
		- Justice Thurgood Marshall (1989)