Re: PROPOSED: slight change to wnpp procedures

On Wed, Sep 26, 2001 at 01:59:14PM +1000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 25, 2001 at 10:35:32PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > > You are not going to harass us into special casing you.
> > I wouldn't dream of it, hence the proposal in this thread.
>
> Uh, and you figure making people mail the BTS specially for each new
> package uploaded

What proposal were you reading?  It sure doesn't sound like the one I
wrote:

"When a package that has been ITP'ed is finally packaged, I'd like to
suggest that it be reassigned to ftp.debian.org."

If you have a problem with people filing bugs with the BTS to declare
their intent to package each new package they intend to upload, I
suggest you talk to the WNPP team ASAP.

> (instead of adding a Closes line to the changelog),

"The package changelog can and should still use "Closes: #<ITP
bugnumber>", so that the bug is closed automatically"

> and filing, what, a dozen new bugs against ftp.debian.org every week is
> something other than harassment [0]?

I'm sorry, I don't understand where you're getting the "new" bugs from.
ITP bugs already exist in the BTS.

> Why, btw, are you uploading a NEW package with the maintainer set to -qa,
> especially when -qa has already asked for the package to be removed from
> the distro? That's usually considered somewhat irresponsible.

Did you read the changelog of the uploaded package?  It appears in the
bug logs of #113360.

> [0] A few weeks ago, the term would've been "bug terrorism", but maybe not
>     now.

Thankfully(?), you've kept the meme alive with this message.

--
G. Branden Robinson                |     Communism is just one step on the
Debian GNU/Linux                   |     long road from capitalism to