Re: Generating pool-based package.gz files

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 03:16:36PM +0800, James Brown wrote:
> Glancing over the manpage it looks exactly the same as scanpackages but
> more configurable.... not really any different from what I'm doing now.
>
> The problem is that the pool directory has potato, woody and sid files all
> in one, and I need to know how to only pick out the files from woody...

Obviously you use the Packages file we distribute...

(If you're interested in the chicken-and-egg problem from Debian's POV,
we have a separate database of which packages are in which suite; but
only developers can access it directly)

Cheers,
aj

 ``Freedom itself was attacked this morning by faceless cowards.
     And freedom will be defended.''   Condolences to all involved.