Re: A language by any other name

On Fri, Sep 14, 2001 at 01:01:12AM +0200, Federico Di Gregorio wrote:
> On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 20:32, David Starner wrote:
>
> > is enm_UK (assuming that the locale system uses 3 character codes
> > where a 2 character one is not available), not en_UK.
>
> hey, i'd like to know _why_ enm... :)

We use the ISO 639-1 values for locales. At which point we need
to exceed those values (and the KDE project has hit that point)
we'll probably use the ISO 639-2 (T) values, which is an extended
list of languages using 3 character codes. enm is Middle English
(1000-1500 AD) in that list.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and