Re: A language by any other name

On Thu, 2001-09-13 at 18:26, Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:
> Em Fri, 14 Sep 2001 00:11:06 +1000
> Drew Parsons <dparsons@emerall.com> escreveu:
>
> > I agree. This argument sounds reasonable.  If spanish maps to Spain, then
> > english should map to England.
> nah.... that's not it... if I understand it correctly, "united states"
> would map to es_US and "england" would map to en_EN(UK?)...

my english is really that poor? i meant that if french maps to the fr_FR
locale and so on i don't see why there are problems mapping english to
en_EN. ok, english is _also_ how the americans call their language, but
i think it was called english even before Colombo, right?

--
Federico Di Gregorio
MIXAD LIVE Chief of Research & Technology              fog@mixadlive.com