Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

* Nick Phillips

| The translation of any part of a package, be it the text of error messages,
| the text in control, or the text in debconf templates, does not need to
| be part of the package, and hence certainly shouldn't have to be. The
| translations can easily be completely abstracted from the package itself,
| and that relieves the maintainer from having to have anything to do with them.

The description is part of the package, can we agree on that one?
What is the difference between a translated description and the
original one, except for which language it is written in?

The package is the responsibility of the maintainer, and s/he has the
final words on all aspects of how it should be packaged (subject to
policy, of course).  To me, it looks like you want this changed, which
I think is a bad idea.

--

Tollef Fog Heen
You Can't Win