Re: Making better use of multiple maintainers

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 01:02:34AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:

> useless in the case of celestia.  What happens if you're on vacation,
> woody is released tomorrow and a RC bug is filed on celestia today and
> noone cares to upload a fixed package?  Similarly, if you were really
> busy for a while, your backup could do uploads so the users don't have
> to wait for bug fixes too long.

I'd guess that it {could be|is} often the case that whilst only one
person knows the package well enough to take on major upgrades, development
etc., several know it well enough to be able to make bug fixes in the
manner that the maintainer would wish.

> What I'm trying to say is that a backup makes sense in virtually all
> cases, even in the case of smaller packages.  Bigger packages certainly
> benefit to a higher degree, but I think it makes sense for smaller
> packages, too.

Absolutely.

--
Nick Phillips -- nwp@lemon-computing.com
A long-forgotten loved one will appear soon.

Buy the negatives at any price.