Re: How many people need locales?

On Mon, 3 Sep 2001, Radovan Garabik wrote:

> I have yet to meet a person who would ever need a slovak locale.
> Nobody cares at all (collate order? who needs that? Different
> format of numbers? This is not only unneeded, but even harmful.
> Different format of date? Who cares.. Gettext? Maybe, but nobody
> I know is using it, because they mostly understand english and
> slovak menus are more difficult to get used to when 70% of applications
> would be in English anyway).
Quote from www.debian.org

    What is Debian?

    Debian is a free operating system (OS) for your computer.
                                               ^^^^

I understand the "your" as intended to *any* person who wants a
operating system for his computer.  I´m really sure that there
are people equipped with computers on this Earth who did not
understand any English word.  So our Website has a bug and has
to be fixed by
       s/computer/& if you understand English language/

In my opinion this would be no good fix for this situation.

Kind regards

        Andreas.