Re: Making better use of multiple maintainers

On Wed, Sep 05, 2001 at 01:02:34AM +0200, Martin Michlmayr wrote:
> However, I'm not sure I agree that a backup is totally
> useless in the case of celestia.  What happens if you're on vacation,
> woody is released tomorrow and a RC bug is filed on celestia today and
> noone cares to upload a fixed package?

If no one cares to spend a few minutes to upload a fixed package, who is
interested enough to become a maintainer (even backup) of the package?
If no one's interested enough to upload a fixed package, it's probably
not going to be a big deal if it doesn't get released with woody.

> Similarly, if you were really
> busy for a while, your backup could do uploads so the users don't have
> to wait for bug fixes too long.

It could be just as easy for someone to pick up a backup maintainer
at that point, though. One (partial) solution is to encourage developers
to offer to make a NMU rather than just let bugs set.

--
David Starner - dstarner98@aasaa.ofe.org
"I don't care if Bill personally has my name and reads my email and