Re: Making better use of multiple maintainers

I think it's a great idea. I also note that quite a few base packages
already have multiple or backup maintainers -- dpkg, boot-floppies, and
tasksel come to mind. I've also been unofficial backup maintainer for
some other packages in the past and I doubt I'm alone. Formalizing this
and using the Uploaders field and everything seems like a natural
progression.

(So who would like to be a backup maintainer for debconf? ;-)

I'm having a hard time getting it to work though. I tried Uploaders with
dpkg 1.9.17 and no go:

dpkg-gencontrol: warning: unknown information field Uploaders in input
data in general section of control info file

Also, do you have to redundantly list the package maintainer in the
uploaders field if it's present, or do you just list any other maintainers?
Separated by commas? This thing needs some documentation.

--
see shy jo