Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

On 09/04/2001 10:52:58 AM Gustavo Noronha Silva wrote:

>> Em Tue, 4 Sep 2001 10:08:15 -0500
>> "Vince Mulhollon" <vlm@norlight.com> escreveu:
>> > they mistakenly call it "automated", as if it's a computer generated
>> > translation like from babelfish...

>> the translator did nothing... it's a feature of the ddts...

I think of it like the bug reports from the "bug" package.  (I'm thinking
bug uses email submission, or maybe I'm thinking of a similar package)
True, in both cases a "program" sends the message.  However, in both cases
the email is generated by a person "filling in the blank", either bug
description or package description.

There was a person involved in each individual email, thus to me, it's not
automated.  To me, automated would be writing a Perl script to run the
entire Packages file thru a computer auto-translator like babelfish and
then submitting without any human editing...  That could be annoying.

>> > Someone whom speaks "BR" (Brazilian?) wrote translations for your
Debian
>> Brazillian Portuguese

>> > I've gotten similar emails from "IT"s (Italians? Information
>> > Technologists?) ...
>> italians =)

The emails should have a full language name instead of abbreviation.
It's hard enough for developers to figure out if the translation is "fair",
without having to guess if "ES" means Eastonian or Espanol.