Re: ddts: notification about pt_BR-translation of the hello-debhelper description

On 09/04/2001 09:44:11 AM Adam Heath wrote:

>> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 grisu@debian.org wrote:
>>
>> > Hello
>> >
>> > This is only an automated notification mail from the ddts (Debian
Description
>> > Translation Server).
>>
>> As an automated mail, to which I have not request, I consider this spam.
>>
>> Please remove me, and all ways of contacting me, from your automated
lists.  I
>> do not take kindly to unwarranted spam mails.

Read the contents of the email.  It's a bug on their side.  It's not
automated at all, or at least no more than any mailling list software is
"automated".  It was generated by a person who knows a language that you
don't.  The translator presumably doesn't know English as well as us, thus
they mistakenly call it "automated", as if it's a computer generated
translation like from babelfish...

Someone whom speaks "BR" (Brazilian?) wrote translations for your Debian
package, so rather that send you a message in BR language (which you
probably can't read) you get the English form letter.  Overall, better to
get a form letter in a language you can read, than a personally written
email in a language you can't read.

I've gotten similar emails from "IT"s (Italians? Information
Technologists?) ...

They are nice guys, being nice to you and your Debian packages.  Please be
nice in return.  Treat it like a NMU, smile and say "thanks" and carry on
with life.

It's a new system so it's understandable that everyone doesn't know about
it.