Re: sysctl should disable ECN by default

#include <hallo.h>
Neil Spring wrote on Sat Sep 01, 2001 um 12:34:40PM:

> being turned off behind my back.  ECN doesn't need any
> more inertia slowing its deployment.  It's already an
> experimental, off by default, addition to the kernel.

Why do many people think that it is OFF by default?
The fact is, it is ON (see kernel docs) and it breaks with many sites.
We could live long without this experimental feature, so why _force_ the
users to use the feature now and make a stable distribution with limited
networking ability?

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
Nutzt Du Win9x belächeln Dich die  WinNT Helden, benutzt Du NT belächelt
Dich die Linux Front. Benutzt Du  SuSE belächeln Dich die Debian Helden,