Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

Le Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 10:03:12PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava écrivait:
> 	Any idea of the size of this package as we cross 10,000
>  packages?

Never bigger than any Packages file since there is no single
description-translation package but many description-translation-<lang>
like kde-i18n-<lang>.

Frankly, i like the general idea proposed here.

Even if it's not perfect, its cost is so low, that we can afford to
use it until we have something better or until we decide that the size is
no more a issue and that we can incorporatle all descriptions in the
control file (and in the Packages.gz files).

But that won't happen until we have all gigabyte network at home ;)

Cheers,
Le bouche à oreille du Net : http://www.beetell.com
Naviguer sans se fatiguer à chercher : http://www.deenoo.com