Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 07:19:10PM +0200, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Aug 2001, Steve Langasek wrote:
> > Personally, I wonder if the /best/ solution would be similar to what we have
> > in the archive now for overrides file:  create a central repository with all
> > of the translations, used by the archive, so that there are no delays in
> > making the translations available; but submit the translations to the
> > maintainer, so that they can also be included in the .deb.
>
> That breaks if you sign packages since it will either break the signature
> or add unsigned content.

Oh, sorry but I don't know something about signature on packages
and/or packages (maybe you can give some hints?)

But IMHO I can say: This all don't touch this signature!

reasons:
  - we make a own description-translation package. this package have
    only the mo file (and maybe some README, copyright, etc.)
  - we don't touch any .deb files
  - we don't touch any /var/lib/dpkg/* files
  - we don't touch any Packages files

I don't see any break.

Gruss
Grisu
Documentation is is like sex; bad documentation is much better than
no documentation.