Re: [woodm@equire.com: XFree86 common]

On Thu, Aug 30, 2001 at 12:26:07PM +0200, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> You're at a such high position that you delegate tasks now ?
[...]
>        \/   \/          Av. Santa Engracia, 54
> a n d a g o  |--        E-28010 Madrid - tfno:+34(91)2041100

<Jingofiend> What is it with you guys in Spain?  Santiago flamed me in
private email for daring to ask someoone else to answer a FAQ.
</Jingofiend>

Anyway, I've been punting private mails to the Debian lists for years.
It's a common practice.  My job is to maintain my packages, not to
answer private emails all day.  By forwarding messages like this to
debian-devel or debian-user, I ask for someone to volunteer to answer
the person's question.

If no one volunteers, the mail goes just as unanswered as it would if I
never passed it along.  So by forwarding the mail, I *increase* the
chances that it will get answered, and that a curious user will be
helped.

Perhaps you'd care to explain to me how this is wrong?

--
G. Branden Robinson                |
Debian GNU/Linux                   |      If encryption is outlawed, only