Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 10:03:12PM -0500, Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> >>"Michael" == Michael Bramer <grisu@debian.org> writes:
>
>  Michael> reasons:
>  Michael>   - we make a own description-translation package. this package have
>  Michael>     only the mo file (and maybe some README, copyright, etc.)
>  Michael>   - we don't touch any .deb files
>  Michael>   - we don't touch any /var/lib/dpkg/* files
>  Michael>   - we don't touch any Packages files
>
> 	Any idea of the size of this package as we cross 10,000
>  packages?

Yesterday, there was 5178 (source) packages, so as Wichert says, in 5 years,
things may be different. Until then, we can split the descriptions in
several packages, or get each existing package providing the translation if
you really prefere. The problems are not inherent to our proposal. With
10,000 packages and more than 30 supported language, a lot of material have
to fit anywhere...

Bye, Mt.