Re: RFD: translated description with dpkg

On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 09:14:26AM -0500, David Starner wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 29, 2001 at 02:56:51PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > Principally we can go two ways:
> >  - decentral translation
> >
> >     We don't see real pros of this.

Well, for one think I can include translations for
languages that are NOT present in central translating
project.

For example I feel confident to make slovak translation
of my debconf-templates and dpkg descriptions :-)
While I can just translate the templates and that's all that is
required, I cannot do the same with descriptions.

But, why not go both ways?
Have both mechanism for decentralized translations, and also
the central repository, and make the former have bigger
priority than the latter (in case of conflict)