Re: adduser rewrite

Sean Middleditch <elanthis@users.sourceforge.net> writes:

> Also, speaking of rewriting with the assumption of not wanting perl
> in base, wasn't the GNU project talking about rewriting
> autoconf/automake in guile?  I thought guile was an extension
> language, but if it can make stand-alone scripts too, it might be
> worthwhile to rewrite them in scheme instead of python/C.

Fixing auto* to make them less hideous, possibly by using Guile, would
be a wonderful, beautiful fantastic thing.  As they stand now, I
refuse to use those programs if there are any ways around them.

Not that it will ever happen, but I certainly wouldn't mind switching
to a smaller, cleaner, more modular language for base.  Any of Tcl,
Python, Lua, elastiC, or something similar would be fine by me.

--
David N. Welton
   Apache Tcl: http://tcl.apache.org/