Re: adduser rewrite

On 28 Aug 2001 18:25:04 -0700, David Nusinow wrote:
> Sorry for being unclear. I meant, would one app rewrite in C make a big
> difference in ditching perl in the base? Not the app rewrite in python, which
> I agree would be a bad move.

Oh, sorry.  ^,^  Well, one app rewritten in C would help, because if no
apps are rewriten in C, we'll never get them all done, now, while we?

Also, speaking of rewriting with the assumption of not wanting perl in
base, wasn't the GNU project talking about rewriting autoconf/automake
in guile?  I thought guile was an extension language, but if it can make
stand-alone scripts too, it might be worthwhile to rewrite them in
scheme instead of python/C.  C would be a chore to maintain code for
things best left to data-oriented languages, not a system-oriented
language.  ~,^