Re: ITC: dpkg-sysconfig

On Mon, Aug 27, 2001 at 03:09:51PM +0200, Paul Seelig wrote:
> opal@debian.org (Ola Lundqvist) writes:
>
> > * You create a package:
> >   host-foo.deb
> >
> > * This package install things to /usr/share/systemdir in a special
> >   way.
> >
> > * The script is automaticly invoked on installation and the data
> >   in that dir is used to configure your system.
> >
> Sounds like this will solve a major nuisance for me because this will
> enable an admin to undo any permission fixings by package postinst (i
> especially hate the cdrtools postinst stuff for regularily fscking up
> the system wide permissions i granted to all users).
>
> For example on my machines i *do* want the users to be allowed by
> default to use what is usually forbidden, and has to be explicitly
> allowed by an admin, on a vanilla Debian system.  They should be able
> to use a Debian system the same way they expect from a desktop system
> like a Mac or Win9x PC.

isn't dpkg-statoverride supposed to solve this issue?

in potato i used to use suidregister for this, and then had apt call
it as a Post-Invoke, that way it fixed any perms that were changed.
dpkg-statoverride does not appear to have any method to check all
overrides and see if they are reality on the filesystem or not...

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/