Re: Who is a Debian user?

> This is true, I know. They are usable, but they are not supposed to be used?

they are available for use. they can be used by non-root users,
if non-root users want to run them then there's nothing stopping
them..."supposed to" doesn't come into it. if users were not supposed
to run them then permissions would be set so that they couldn't.

Ok, "expected to" is a better way to put it. A user is not expected to run traceroute in Debian.

the problem, if there is any, is in your understanding.

Perhaps, english is not my native language. But I still see problems in use cases I experience at work.

then tell them the full path when you get them to type in the command.

it's really not a problem. you're making a mountain out of a very small
molehill.

Sure I know where they are. Now.

learning anything takes time.

Time is often limited. For me at my spare time it is less of a problem. At work, in support scenarios I have experienced, it is a bigger problem. And this discussion would be much easier with a definition about what users Debian aims for. Because if I knew that I could shut up or insist, depending on the definition.

Claes

Hämta MSN Explorer kostnadsfritt på http://explorer.msn.se