Re: Who is a Debian user?

On Sat, Aug 25, 2001 at 10:26:06AM +0200, Claes Andersson wrote:
> >learning anything takes time.
>
> Time is often limited. For me at my spare time it is less of a
> problem. At work, in support scenarios I have experienced, it is a
> bigger problem.  And this discussion would be much easier with a
> definition about what users Debian aims for. Because if I knew that I
> could shut up or insist, depending on the definition.

no, this discussion has NOTHING to do with "what users Debian aims for".
you're trying to force some false - and irrelevant - dichotomy onto the
topic.

novice users are no less capable of understanding that traceroute is in
the /usr/sbin directory and ifconfig in /sbin than expert users.

it's just another fact that they have to learn if they're going to make
use of a complex system.

craig

--
craig sanders <cas@taz.net.au>