Re: Who is a Debian user?

I am totally confused.  What is that you are complaining about?
I can run ifconfig and traceroute as a normal user.
/sbin/ifconfig
/usr/sbin/traceroute  <- it may not be installed by default

BTW, I use Debian to do cross-development of an sh4-embedded
system.

I am sure that you as everyone else that reads this are very aware of where you find these programs. You are all skilled Debian users. This is very easy to fix on your own account or if you are the admin. So in a way it is a small problem.

But it is a very annoying problem if when you first experience it is when you are on the phone trying to give support to some other user. Then it will take quite some time to figure out, and that is lost time working on the real problem.

I will not argue about this more. Debian is for me at home, but probably not me and my colleagues at work, and definitely not for something that we want to support. But this is just fine! Debian is great, just not for this.

Claes

Hämta MSN Explorer kostnadsfritt på http://explorer.msn.se