Re: requesting help for eca* for alpha port

In Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:02:26 -0400 (EDT) Christopher cum veritate scripsit :

> On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
>
> > They are C++ programs, and they need to be compiled on gcc-3.0
> > on alpha, since it depends on Qt.
> > However, the current packaged version does not compile cleanly
> > with gcc-3.0. I have been told by the upstream that the CVS version
> > should compile with gcc-3.0, however I have not checked yet.
> >

> > Is anyone interested in making these packages work
> > with alpha ?
>
> Do you want someone to try compiling the CVS or the packaged version?  I
> can do either, but want to know which hasn't been tried and which
> works/doesn't work first.

I have verified that the current version does not work with g++-3.0
CVS version I am yet to check out.

I am suspecting that it doesn't compile out-of-the-box.

> > I am overloaded at the moment, and at this rate,
> > ecawave/qtecasound/ecamegapedal for alpha
> > might be dropped.
>
> I can give it a shot, but I'm a bit loaded myself, so I don't know how
> much time I can devote to it.

Hmm...

I am wondering if I should upload a version of ecasound which has the rules
file modified to compile with g++-3.0 on alpha. I would not bother to do that
if other eca* tools won't make it.

regards,
	junichi

--
dancer@debian.org : Junichi Uekawa   http://www.netfort.gr.jp/~dancer
GPG Fingerprint : 17D6 120E 4455 1832 9423  7447 3059 BF92 CD37 56F4