Re: Problem with translated Packages files...

Em Wed, 22 Aug 2001 10:27:30 +0200
Radovan Garabik <garabik@melkor.dnp.fmph.uniba.sk> escreveu:

> On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 06:28:03AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
>
> And I, as a maintainer, do not believe in the translator. Sigh.
> We should stop insulting each other.
I don't think anyone is insulting anyone... as both maintainer and
translator I can see the points of both... and I think Michael
was misunderstood here ;)

> > I don't see _any_ pros with the translated description in the source
> > of the packages. If you (or anybody) habe pros, speak up.
>
> Yes, there are pros. As I said in my recent mail to debian-i18n.
> The question is if the pros outnumber the cons.
they certainly don't, for now...

> Debconf templates use _exactly_ the system you are against (translation
> in source package) and so far nobody (except me, huh :-)) complained.
oh yes... and then you can see how many translations aren't yet in
the packages because the maintainer will not release a new version
just to include it (and he is right about it...) or because they're
really lazy/MIA

it is too much for mirrors and buildds to sync with this mess....

[]s!

--
    Gustavo Noronha Silva - kov <http://www.metainfo.org/kov>
|  .''`.  | Debian GNU/Linux: <http://www.debian.org>            |