Re: Problem with translated Packages files...

On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 06:28:03AM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 07:48:22PM -0500, Branden Robinson wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 10:19:45PM +0200, Michael Bramer wrote:
> > > Sorry, but I don't believe in the maintainer. See the bug reports with

And I, as a maintainer, do not believe in the translator. Sigh.
We should stop insulting each other.

> > > translated debconf templates...
> >
> > Sit your ass down.
>
> sorry branden, but ...
>
> forgot it.
>
> I enumerate some pros about a central approach with the translated
> description. If you have comments, speak up.
>
> I don't see _any_ pros with the translated description in the source
> of the packages. If you (or anybody) habe pros, speak up.

Yes, there are pros. As I said in my recent mail to debian-i18n.
The question is if the pros outnumber the cons.

Debconf templates use _exactly_ the system you are against (translation
in source package) and so far nobody (except me, huh :-)) complained.