Re: apt-proxy on FreeBSD (probably off-topic)

apt-proxy currently has a problem because of the new pools system, it
use to parse the Packages.gz files to figure out file sizes so that it
could stream the download back to the client. This bug causes it to
stream the data but not tell you how much you want, basically hitting
control-C in apt and starting it again will get the file down after
rsync has finished downloading the file.

I have started righting a replacement that uses http instead of rsync,
it doesn't yet do streaming, so its no good on a slow link. but if your
interested I can send it too you, it currently runs as a cgi and has a
cleanup script that runs from cron.

if you want help getting the current apt-proxy working, just ask. we
used here for almost 12 months.

depending on which version you have it use to depend on procmails
lockfile program. I know the latest doesn't use that anymore. apt-proxy
is no longer maintained. it can be found on sourceforge.

--
Jason Thomas                           Phone:  +61 2 6257 7111
System Administrator  -  UID 0         Fax:    +61 2 6257 7311